Tweets by @JBMurphySchool
Murphy School Calendar
Murphy School VisionAt John B. Murphy School, we create a positive learning environment that educates the whole child. We work collaboratively to ensure that all students learn to their fullest potential in all areas, with enhanced attention to the Fine Arts. Murphy students will learn to be productive members of the community and will contribute to the broader society.
At Murphy School Children Experience
- A child-centered environment led by a dedicated staff of professionals devoted to providing the highest quality environment for children.
- Responsive Classroom & Developmental Designs social approach to learning with respect
- University partnerships: Erikson Institute, National Louis University, NEIU, UIC, Indiana University
- Small group work with individualized instruction tailored to student needs
- Literacy approaches aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- English speaking listening proficiency goals aligned to WIDA
- Everyday Mathematics/Connected Mathematics Project aligned to CCSS
- Hands-on science inquiry based experiences aligned to NGSS goals
- A Library Media Center, I-pads, Computer Lab, laptop carts integrating technology
- Fine Arts: Music, Visual Arts, Creative Drama, Dance and Movement, instrumental instruction - guitar, fiddle, keyboard, recorder, Orff instruments, kiln and Arts partnerships: Old Town School of Music, Ravinia Festival, House of Blues
- Healthy Schools Initiatives: daily Chicago Run, Girls in the Game, Sports – softball, basketball, soccer, running, Gardening & Nutrition
- After school programs including: flamenco dancing, film club, yearbook, reading and math fun, book & cook, gaming, fitness club, guitar , piano, floor hockey.
- Monthly "Community Sing" celebrates shared vocals, performance and children
Go Math!Click here to visit Go Math! website
Click here for instructions on how to login
Support Murphy Owls Sports Teams
YOU CAN READ OLDER NEWS ITEMS HERE
Free Homework Help
Chicago Public Library is proud to offer in-person and online homework help across the city at every CPL branch.
Visit a Homework Helper at your neighborhood branch or work with a live online tutor through Brainfuse. Online homework help is available in English and Spanish and can be accessed from home with a library card.
All services are free!
Check out chipublib.org for more information.
FREE Websites For LearningMurphy Parents/Guardians,
Using technology engages your child and helps them practice many of the skills we learn in class. You will find below a list of FREE websites that you can use at home to help your child! If you donít have access to Internet or a computer at home, you can visit these sites at a local library as well. LINK